Beach Makeup + Beauty Tips
- Tuesday, 02 July 2013
It's that time of the year again to hit the beach and pool parties. Have you guys been shopping for new swim wear yet? I attended a boat party yesterday so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to film a Beach Makeup Tutorial. I had so much fun yesterday riding the waves with friends. However, the motion sickness that came with it wasn't too plesant. Oh man...
I asked you guys on Facebook on what you guys look for when it comes to wearing makeup for the beach. About 90% of you guys wanted two things. Lightweight and natural.
How much makeup you should wear really depends on your preferences and also, whether you are going to be in the water or not. Either way, beach/poolside makeup should be simple. Let's face it, heavy makeup just isn't a good look for the beach. The heavier and complicated your makeup, the harder time you will have trying to maintain it.
Some of you prefer going into the water with zero makeup (hopefully you guys are still wearing sunscreen) and that is awesome.
Some of you like a bit of coverage which is also fine. In the makeup tutorial, I'll demonstrate how you can achieve a super fresco look so you can look and feel great while having fun under the sun.
Check out the Beach Makeup Tutorial below:
Full list of products used:
Sebamed Lip Defense SPF30
Skin Aqua UV Defense Milk SPF50 PA++++
Chanel CC Cream SPF30 PA+++
Clinique Lip Crayon in Tomato
NARS Multiple Stick in Orgasm
Barry M Eyeshadow Pencil in Bronze
Shu Uemura Lash Curler
ZA Long Wear Mascara
Barry M Eyeshadow Pencil in Gold Cream
Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Some people are asking regarding my bikini: It's from 6ixty 8ight.
Beauty items to bring with you
Usually I don't like to use these too much but they are sure handy for hot intense days in the beach. They will absorb away excess shine and keep you looking matte and fresh.
I don't need to explain why do we? Unless you want to be burnt and raw red like a lobster.
The skin around your eyes is super delicate so protect it from sun damage by wearing sunnies. They keep you looking stylish too.
Keep your lips hydrated and protected throughout the day. If it contains SPF, even better!
Trust me, your skin will thank yourself for bringing it. Your friends will too.
It can be difficult to get access to clean water in a beach so wet wipes come in handy.
You're gonna eventually tie your hair up into a bun or a ponytail. Trust me.
Beauty Tips for 'During Sun'
- Your sunscreen only lasts a few hours! Remember to bring it with you and reapply throughout the day.
- Many people apply sunscreen whilst wearing their flip flops and end up getting awkward tan lines on their feet (guilty). Avoid getting weird lines by getting sunscreen on all parts of the body that gets exposed to the sun. Make sure you get inside your bikini straps too.
- If you're like me and you're sun conscious about getting premature wrinkles & sun spots. Bring an umbrella with you to shield you from sunrays (and be shaded from the scorching sun). Stay in shaded areas. Eat up on cooked tomatoes because it strengthens your body's immune system to damaging sunrays. It's like a sunscreen you can eat.
- Stay hydrated. The hot weather can be a lot for your body to take. Drink up your water. Have a bottle of water by your side at all times so you remember to take sips frequently throughout the day.
Beauty Tips for 'After Sun'
- My hair felt absolutely gross after being in the beach water. Shampoo your hair TWICE (to remove all that build up) and give it a nice nourishing hair treatment. The beach can really dry up the hair.
- Not only was my hair dry, my skin also felt dry and sensitive. Apply an aftersun treatment to your skin to soothe your skin (especially if it's sunburnt). Ladies, if you want to keep your tan longer- remember to moisturise. Avoid taking scorching hot baths/showers because your skin will be very sensitive.
- Stay hydrated. Keep chuggin' down the water.
Thank you so much for watching/reading!
Have a wonderful week!
Much love, Bubz xx