Korean Natural Makeup
- Saturday, 08 June 2013
Hey bubbiful ones!
(Taken with natural light)
I've started to watch K-dramas again lately and I forgot just how much I love the Korean natural makeup. Actresses would look as if they are barely wearing much makeup yet they would look effortlessly stunning. I love that! Instead of having makeup radically changing how they look, they just look like a better version of themselves. You know what? This kind of look never goes out of style. It's incredible and absolutely fascinates me.
When I went to Seoul, I studied the makeup artist who applied my makeup very carefully. She kindly shared some awesome little tricks with me and I want to share the love with you guys.
A flawless natural look is all about reversing all the signs of poor health. Think of all the factors of poor health such as dry ashy skin, pale chapped lips and hollow eyes. When you reverse all of these, you get hydrated glowy complexion, healthy pigmented soft lips and bright awakened eyes.
This look doesn't need the glam and glitter. The end result you are trying to achieve is simply to look healthy and youthful. This look enhances your natural beauty rather than covering it. Any girl will look great with this look.
Check out how you can rock the Korean inspired Natural Makeup:
NOTE: I am not trying to be Korean. I'm simply just a girl who is fascinated with the Korean natural approach to makeup. What girl doesn't want to look effortlessly beautiful right? ^_^
Some examples of Korean actresses sporting the famous a subtle natural beauty look
You can see everything is kept to a minimum but the girls look very 'together' and polished. Brows are linear, flawless canvas and pigmented lips.
Some more tips on creating natural makeup:
- Apply foundation lightly under your eye area. Too much cake in that area will make you look older.
- When applying foundation to the jaw & neck area, either use the left over foundation (from applying on your face) or use a very small amount.
- When highlighting, try to use a smaller brush for better precision or your entire face will look too dewy.
- Lashes are wonderful but over-doing it will make your makeup un-natural. Instead of using a mascara with dramatic volume, pick a defining mascara instead for a cleaner fresh look.
- Korean girls love lip tint but it can be very drying on the lips. Hydrate your lips prioer to applying lip tint.
Full list of products used in the video in order of usage:
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF15
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation
Beauty Blender Sponge
Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation
I-Code Brightening Perfect Hide Concealer
Chanel Mat lumiere Powder
Innisfree Brow Mascara
ZA Everbrow Pencil
Shu Uemura Cream Eyeshadow in P-Pink
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Sepia Ink
Laneige Fresh Modernist Palette (from Spring 2011 collection)
MAC blush in Peach
Etude House Kissful Tint Choux (4)
Thank you so much for watching & reading guys. Hope you are having a great weekend. I'm off to do a little hula hooping in front of the TV before bed time. Good night World!
Much love, Bubz xx