First Date Makeup & Beauty Tips
- Monday, 23 July 2012
Hi sunshine beauties,
Here is a First Date Makeup Tutorial as requested. I know first dates can be so nerve wrecking! Hopefully you'll have one less thing to worry about now- your makeup! I think every girl wants to look their best without looking as if they're making too much effort. Yeah that's right! Who doesn't want to look effortlessly stunning?
This look is all about looking subtly beautiful. Flirty warm neutral eyes with glowy pink cheeks and softly pigmented lips. To me, first date makeup shouldn't be too empowering. It should look fresh and radiant. The makeup should enhance our natural beauty and not totally mask it. This look works well with any outfit and for any occasion. It's actually one of my favourite looks to wear so you don't have to only wear it for dates you know.
Check out the tutorial below:
First Date Beauty Tips Sorted
Now here are some more beauty tips for your lucky day!
- Pamper yourself! Treat yourself to a nice facial the night before (actually, for the entire week before the date. I would give myself a course of sheet mask treatment) the big day. Prep up your skin so it's hydrated and happy. Make sure your legs and underarms are hair free. Tidy up those brows and if you need to, pluck the upper lip too. Do your nails! Dirty and chipped nails is not a good look. In general, maintain a good hygiene.
- Make sure you maintain a healthy diet on the days coming up to the date. Your skin is the direct reflection of your health. Eating lots of junk food can cause unnecessary breakouts and oily skin. Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and drink green tea for skin & body detoxing.
- Perfume does more than you think. It will have you feeling like a million dollars without you even trying. Scent is one of our strongest senses so smelling pleasant will help to attract your date even more. Just don't over-do the perfume because it can become too overwhelming. My favourite perfume is the Dior Addict 2 perfume (Tim loves it too). I usually just spritz a little on to my wrists and neck and that's me ready to go. If you have a little atomizer, you can bring a little perfume on the go with you for touch ups.
- Be careful with your choice of foods for the entire day of the date. In general, I would definitely stay away from anything too garlicky because garlic liiiingers on your breath. I would avoid drinking coffee too because coffee breath is not attractive either.
- Bring mints or gum with you to keep your breath minty fresh at all times.
- Smiling is the best form of makeup. It makes you appear more confident, approachable and friendly. So smile when you see him, smile when he's talking and smile smile smile.
- If you can, make sure you give yourself lots of time to do your makeup and hair. Plan your outfit so you don't have to worry on the day and have a panic attack. Listen to music while you apply your makeup and really just enjoy the process. It will have you being more relaxed for the day.
- Make sure your choice of outfit is comfortable enough. I once made a terrible mistake of wearing shoes that HATED MY FEET so for the entire night, I was too busy squirming in pain rather than enjoying my night. It didn't help because I was walking like an idiot too.
Things to avoid doing for the date
- Don't be late
- Don't revolve the entire conversation on yourself. It can make you seem conceited.
- Don't be anti-social by continuously checking your phone. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook updates can wait.
- Don't get drunk
- Don't try to be someone else. Just be yourself. It suits you =)
That's all folks! Thank you so much for reading/watching and we shall talk soonies!
Much love, Bubz xx